Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Answer to Why



So many times in life our frustrations lie in trying to solve the mysteries of our day to day.  I find myself caught up in crying out to God for solutions to all my problems.  Do you do this too?  Or perhaps we constantly come before God asking the infamous "Why?". 

I'm going to go ahead and tell you the end of the story...the answer is the Word of God.  The word of God comes with the Spirit of God.  This incredible spirit does something to our heart.  There are answers in the scriptures in which we can take advantage of daily.  It is the answer to all of life's problems and our offense when we feel under attack by the enemies of this world.  "Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?" Jeremiah 23:29    We must put ourselves in a position to feel the warmth of this fire - listen to a sermon, read our Bible, go to a Bible study, join a life group that explores His truths.  If we put ourselves before His word we will have our answers.

When we want a direct answer to one of the many questions we have about the things of this world, the only answer is spending time with God.  Let's look at that again.  There might not be an answer at all...this baffles some of us because we struggle with wanting a solution...wanting our way.  It might just be that God is saying seek me, spend time with me, and trust me.  I revisit this problem over and over.  I know there must be more.  There must be the perfect scripture to tell me how to handle things.  There must be a diagram in the Bible telling me what I must do.  God will possibly write it on a billboard so my thick skull will know exactly what He wants me to do.  I've come to the conclusion that sometimes God just wants us.  I'm reminded of the scripture, "My soul is in anguish.  How long, O Lord, how long?" Psalm 6:3  When we are at this place, we are to just sit before Him and rest.  No answers are needed, if we can find that place of peace where God just showers us with an unfathomable comfort.  Oh His grace is sufficient...no answers needed.

 If our heart is in need of answers, our mind is racing with questions, and we feel a discontentment in life, the answer is a touch of grace and peace from Jesus.  Our pain and confusion will stay until we seek Him.  It is only a touch from the Lord that will carry us through this time.  The challenges of today invite us to engage with eternity (stolen from Wisdom Hunters).  We must use this time of confusion and hurt to come to our knees and depend on him.  If looking for solutions and asking the question, "why?" keeps us coming back to Christ, embrace it and enjoy the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment