Saturday, January 28, 2012

Going It Alone

Some days it feels like tragedy surrounds me. Not me personally, but when I see the hurts and trials others are facing it breaks my heart. I have to ask myself, how do people get through difficult times without a Savior. Who do they cry out to? Who gives them comfort? Where do they find hope? How do they find answers to the why?

Matthew 11:28-30 tells us "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." The challenges are out there, some behind us and some before us. I am blessed to say no matter how great or small the challenge, my God is my Comforter! One thing I have observed in life is how our perspective toward our problems change with years. As a child, the smallest problems seem big. If you've ever heard young girls talking it will amaze you the things that create their "drama". Can I get an amen to that? No matter what the age, we all need help with this thing called life. How wonderful if we can turn to a Savior early in life! I didn't know how to rely on Jesus until my early 30s. I struggled so much with my choices, reactions, burdens, and the list goes on. This is why I work so hard to stress the importance of a relationship with Christ with my children. This is why I taught young girls at church. I wanted to give them the opportunity to figure it out earlier in life than I did. You don't have to go this life alone!

God's word speaks throughout the Bible about God being there for us. We ALL need Almighty God in our lives. Enjoy the scriptures below. Read them and claim the promises.

Romans 8:31-39 "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:“For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.".

Psalm 73:25-26 "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

Psalm 50:15 "call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

Psalm 56:8-11 "You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book. If my enemies run away, turn tail when I yell at them, Then I'll know that God is on my side. I'm proud to praise God, proud to praise God. Fearless now, I trust in God; what can mere mortals do to me?"

Isaiah 40:28-31 "28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Psalm 119:49-50 "Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life."

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

So much truth...so much comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment