Monday, August 6, 2012

Weariness


Isaiah 40:31 "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Even though we might ride on the wings of eagles, sometimes the debris of life that blows our way can beat us down and prevent us from becoming who God desires for us to be.  How do we manage the weariness in our heart when things seem overwhelming?

Burdens of this world slap us in the face sometimes when we look at each day.  The other morning I was driving down the road and I had to just stop and acknowledge everything that was stealing my joy.  God calls us to not look out into this world, but to look up to Him.  We must keep our eyes on Christ.  Everything that is bringing you worry, stress, and heartache today lay it at the foot of the cross.  We are NOT meant to carry it!  There is a strength in God's word and it is the only strength that can fight this dreaded thing called weariness.  Isaiah 40:28-31 "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength."   Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Exodus 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him."  Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Joshua 1:9-11 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

If you are struggling and need help and some answers?  The answer is to respond in faith - not fear or worry.  Claim and know the beautiful promises of God!  They are solid truth we can count on.  Recognize His mighty hand will carry us and hold us through any situation!  He tells us to not lose heart or become discouraged as we have the Hope of Jesus Christ and eternal life to carry us through. We must stay in our Bible and pray continually seeking the face of God and He will be with us. Chronicles 16:11 "Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!"  Whatever the burden is that created our weariness -  we must take it to the throne.  We can't let another minute go by without completely surrendering our burdens to Him. God wants to be our strength. Let's start now and surrender to Him in our weakness and let Him show Himself strong. Remember if God brings you to it, He will bring you through it! 

Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

No comments:

Post a Comment