Friday, July 6, 2012

New Mercies



I have never been more excited about writing than I am about this. Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  This is something I cherish and have been able to experience  faithfully.  We say God doesn't speak to us audibly, but He has shown this to me on so many occasions.  As a result, I am now  eager to wake up each day to find them - my precious "new mercies".  We are all made so differently - I know this because I am married and have five children.  Believe me, we are all very different.  For me, I am at my weakest in the night hours.  I don't know why, but for some reason it is then I worry and am more emotional.  Perhaps it is because I am tired or mentally drained from the day.  You may find this to be true too.  Even though some nights might be long, I can find a peace in knowing there are new mercies waiting on me in the early morning hours when I spend time with the Lord.  "In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly." Psalm 5:3

I often wonder how people who don't know my Savior find peace in the tough times.  During my trials I cling to this truth found in Psalm 4:1  "Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress;  have mercy on me and hear my prayer." Where do others go for help?  I would hate to think I had to put all my hope in something of this world.  People will fail you...things will fail you...I could go on and on.  There is only one true thing - it is Jesus!  His compassions never fail.  No matter what your struggle, He is waiting to award you with His mercies.  Hebrews 4:16  " Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."  I don't know about you, but I need to be able to face the trials of this life with confidence.  He is telling us to do just that.  It is not our strength that gets us through battles, but because His strength is in us and what He can do through us.  If we will just let Him! 

Please hear what I am saying and trust me on this.  We have a loving Lord Who is just waiting for you to cry out to Him.  He wants to strengthen you, shield you, help you, carry you, guide you, & celebrate with you.  You never have to handle your circumstances alone...NEVER!  "Praise be to the Lordfor he has heard my cry for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me . My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." Psalm 28:6-7


No comments:

Post a Comment